Paw Print Genetics accepts dried blood spots for genetic screening if the following criteria are met:
Note: If collecting samples from multiple dogs, make sure to mark the collection cards with unique identifiers for each dog prior to blood collection to avoid sample mix-up.
- Once completely dry, place the collection card into a sealable plastic bag (e.g. Ziploc®) and write the dog's unique identifying information (i.e. call name and Paw Print Genetics dog identification number which is obtained/assigned after placing your order).
- Store samples at room temperature until sent.
- Place your genetic testing order on the Paw Print Genetics website.
- Once your order has been completed on our website, print your requisition form, review and sign the bottom and send the form in a mailing envelope with your dried blood spot.
- In addition, write the order number and appropriate dog ID number from the requisition form on the corresponding plastic bag containing the collection card.
Mail your samples back to our lab using one of the following addresses: