Paw Print Genetics accepts whole blood for genetic screening if the following criteria are met:
- Whole blood should be submitted in a 2, 3 or 4 ml plastic or glass whole blood tube with EDTA (lavender top tube) labelled with the dog's unique identifying information (i.e. call name and Paw Print Genetics dog identification number which is obtained/assigned after placing your order).
- Samples should not be frozen but should be packaged in a Styrofoam container with frozen ice or cold packs.
- The Styrofoam container should be placed into a cardboard shipping box when possible and shipped overnight.
- Please do not send samples on Fridays or for Saturday delivery.
- Please contact the laboratory with the tracking number.
- Place your genetic testing order on the Paw Print Genetics website.
- Once your order has been completed on our website, print your requisition form, review and sign the bottom and place the form in a sealable plastic bag.
- The requisition form within the sealed plastic bag should be placed in the box with your whole blood sample(s).
Mail your samples back to our lab using one of the following addresses: