Paw Print Genetics can perform our testing on a variety of different sample types. Select a sample type from the menu on the left to get detailed instructions for collecting, preparing, and returning your sample.
Mail your samples back to our lab using one of the following addresses:
If desired, Paw Print Genetics will supply our US customers with one complimentary cheek swab kit for each dog ordered. A cheek swab includes one swab, a label for the dog, and a biohazard bag. US customers have multiple purchase options for shipping including first class, priority, and express using USPS or FedEx. Once shipping is purchased, the customer will receive a return envelope and prepaid shipping labels.
Paw Print Genetics will supply our Canada customers with one complimentary cheek swab kit for each dog ordered. A cheek swab includes one swab, a label for the dog, and a biohazard bag. Canadian customers have Canada based shipping options facilitated by our Neogen partner in Edmonton, AB. Once shipping is purchased, the customer will receive a return envelope and prepaid shipping labels. Any additional kits and shipping envelopes are the responsibility of the customer.
All international customers will be required to return their swabs to our laboratory at their cost.
Veterinary verification is an optional and voluntary program offered by Paw Print Genetics that allows you to confirm the identity of your dog by having a veterinarian collect the sample(s) and verify a permanent identifier for that dog (microchip number or tattoo). Having a verified sample may provide your puppy buyers extra assurance that the test results they receive belong to the correct dog.
There is no additional charge from Paw Print Genetics to add a veterinary verification to your report or certificates, however, your veterinarian may charge you for collecting your dog or puppy's sample(s).
You can verify your dog with any sample type that we currently accept. Please review our instructions for collecting and submitting your sample type by clicking the appropriate link in the menu at the top-left of this page.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us to discuss further.
To get veterinary verification for your dog(s), please do the following:
- Place an order for one of our many testing options.
Download and print a copy of our Veterinary Verification form for each dog you wish to verify:
- Go to your 'My Dogs' page
- Find the dog to verify, then click the 'View Details and Results' button
- On the following page, click the Forms tab
- Click the link to 'Download/Print a Veterinary Verification form'
- Your dog will need a permanent identifier, either a microchip number or tattoo, before their sample can be veterinary verified.
- Take the Veterinary Verification form with your dog to your veterinarian.
- Prior to collecting your dog's sample, have your veterinarian verify either your dog's microchip number or tattoo.
- Have the veterinarian collect your dog's sample, then fill out and sign the Veterinary Verification form.
- Return your sample accompanied by the signed Veterinary Verification form.