Last Revised: September 14, 2018
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
- A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. You hereby consent to the processing of your information in this way.
Types of Data We Collect.
Information You Provide to Us.
- When you create a user account ("Account"), we will collect information from you, including the following: your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, user ID and password.
- When you activate the genetic testing kits for dogs on our Site, we will collect information about your dogs to be tested, including call name, breed, age, and sex. Our third party payment processor will also collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- If you make available certain files or messages through the Services, we will collect that information and may associate that information with your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you comment on one of our blogs on our Site, we will collect your first and last name and email address. Your first and last name (or an alias or nickname chosen by you) and the information contained in your blog comment will be public and stored on our servers.
- We will collect information you provide when you interact with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos and messages which you submit to us via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or the Site.
- Upon completion of a genetic test, we will store test results in association with your Account.
- We may also collect information about you, such as at other points in our Site that state that such information is being collected.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you interact with our Site, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. Any or all of activities with regard to collecting usage information may be performed on our behalf by third parties (see Additional Information About Third Party Cookies below). This includes:
- Details regarding your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), and domain name.
- Information regarding the date and time of your visit and the information for which you searched and which you viewed.
- Information that you make available to us on social media platforms (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from the Site), including your account ID or username and other information.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information You Provide to Us.
Additional Information About Third Party Cookies.
- "Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer's hard drive while you are viewing a web site. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
- Site Operations. Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the Services on our Site, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views so that we can pay the content owners, remembering your preferences, and the number of times you have been shown an advertisement.
- Analytics. Allowing us to understand how the Services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Personalized Advertising. Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across Services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media. Enabling the sharing of content from our services through social networking and other sites.
- List of Partners. Paw Print Genetics relies on partners to provide many features of our Site and Services using data about your use of the Site. Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
Category Partner Further Information Analytics, Personalized Advertising Policies and Principles on Advertising
Google Ad Settings
Google Analytics Opt-out
Use of Your Information
General Use. In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account;
- to identify you as a user;
- to improve the Site and Services;
- to provide the Services you request
- to communicate with you, including regarding the status of the genetic tests you ordered;
- to improve the quality of the experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Paw Print Genetics.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may use our records to create data that does not directly identify you by excluding information such as your name. We use this data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Paw Print Genetics reserves the right to use this data for any purpose and disclose this data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Mixing Identifiable and Anonymous Data. We will not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Google's Display Advertising features.
- General Use. In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your information in the following ways:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers including to provide payment processing services for the Site and the Services.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information.
Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your information.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
- Changes to Your Information. You may change any of your information in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. If you need to make any changes after ordering a testing kit, you may contact us at the address set forth below. You may request deletion of your information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your information.
- Security of Your Information. Paw Print Genetics is committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. If you exceed a maximum number of log-in attempts, your Account will be locked until you call us to unlock it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Paw Print Genetics uses reasonable efforts to protect your information, Paw Print Genetics cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information for Individuals Located in the EEA and Switzerland. If you are a
resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
- Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing. We process your personal information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
- Right to lodge a complaint. Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
- Transfers. Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities, as described above.
- Individual Rights. If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain rights. In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- Right to access and rectify your information. You have the right to obtain information about our processing of personal information and a copy of your personal information that we store. You have the right to request that we update your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We fulfill your request by sending yourcopy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
- Right to request information erasure. You have the right to have your information erased from services if the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- Right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your information based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your information for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your information for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
Paw Print Genetics
10220 N. Nevada St, Suite 300
Spokane, WA 99218